|Posted by Joe on June 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM|
-Boosted signal reception (greatly depends on area, coverage, and land features)
-Boosted Data Speeds
-Optimized QoS for overall data usage
-Quicker LTE connection/reconnection time over 2G 1xRTT and 3G EvDO
-Prioritization of LTE for weaker coverage areas
-Ability to Edit APN settings
-Ability to manually choose a carrier in the carrier selection menu
-XLTE data indicator for Verizon LTE capable iPhones to represent their new XLTE network
-IMS and VoLTE capabilities enabled
-More potential roaming capabilities over CDMA and GSM networks
NOTE: We aren't responsible for anything that may happen to your device if you don't follow the guide properly.
1. Be sure that you have installed CommCenter Patch from this repo: apt.chinasnow.net
2. Plug your device into iTunes and backup so you won’t lose anything, just in case something does go wrong.
3. Download the Carrier Update Hack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/av1n32dgcjma44h/Verizon_LTE_US_16.5.ipcc
4. Once downloaded, your device will boot up into iTunes. Before you do anything, make sure to decline any and all prompts to update carrier settings, if you see this popup. Now, you'll to go ahead and enable iTunes to except custom carrier updates, if it’s not already.
5. Windows users, you will need to open command prompt then copy and paste the following in bold lettering and enter it in:
64 bit: cd C:/Program Files (x86)/iTunes then copy and enter this: iTunes.exe/setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
32 bit: cd C:/Program Files/iTunes then copy and enter this: iTunes.exe/setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
Mac users, you will need to open terminal then copy and paste the following and enter it in:
Mac: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
6. After this has successfully been entered in, click on the tab for your device in iTunes and click “Update” or “Check For Update” while holding down the Option key for Mac users and the Shift key for Windows users. Navigate to where you downloaded the Carrier Update Hack file then select it and click Open.
7. The Carrier Update Hack should now successfully be installed. To be sure, go into the "Settings" app and navigate to General > About and be sure that the carrier version is 16.5. If it is, go ahead and proceed to the next step. If you don't see 16.5, then you didn't follow the guide properly and must start over.
8. Head on into Cydia and this repo: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iTweakiOS-Repo/
9. Search for Verizon US XLTE Icons and install the package then respring. You should now see XLTE in the status bar and in Settings > Cellular.
If you encountered any problems or wish to revert back just follow the revert guide below.
In iFile or some other file system browser for iOS, navigate to
var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles and delete the entire folder named iPhone.
2. Tap the remaining folder, Overlay, and delete all plist files located inside of Overlay.
3. Reboot the device 2 times. After the 1st reboot, allow the device to acquire cellular signal, then proceed to the 2nd reboot.
4. Your device should now be at stock settings.